Awarded and/or Published Prose
(All the below listed quilting books are currently out of print. Techniques have changed significantly and these handsewn processes are now outdated.)
- 1992 - Adventures in Quilting published by Pioneer Publications - re-print and expanded version to 90 pages of the beginning book published in 1985. See below. (out of print)
- 1989 - Folk Art Sampler Quilt published by Pioneer Publications - This book provides patterns and directions for a quilt designed by her mother Evelyn Rose. The quilt was photographed for a Fairfield batting ad. It was also featured on an AQS (American Quilters Society) calendar. (out of print)
- 1989 - More Adventures in Quilting published by Pioneer Publications - Another how-to book of 51 pages with patterns for a sampler. Rose again wrote her mother's quilting techniques. This book was used to teach intermediate quilters. (out of print)
- 1985 - Adventures in Quilting published by Pioneer Publications - A how-to book of 48 pages for beginning quilters. Rose used her photographs to illustrate the book and wrote her mother's quilting techniques. This book was well received by many beginning quilters both nationally and internationally. (out of print) It was replaced in 1992 by an expanded version. See above.
Published How-to Books
Published Devotions/Essays/Creative Nonfiction
- 2014 "My Short and Long-Stemmed Stories" published. This collects Rose's award-winning, previously published and new short stories. Two of these short stories "Old Tatt" and "Perfect Score" were reprinted in the Black Hills Writers Group's inaugral anthology Black Hills Literary Journal: Volume I the Family issue.
- 2013 "Rachel's Daffy-dils" was chosen from the Little Creek Books short story contest and published in an anthology titled Broken Petals.
- 2011 awarded First Place and published "Giant Thinking" in Echoes and Images anthology, Northeast State Community College, Blountville, Tennessee
- 2007 published children's story "Grizzly Grouch" in Lost State Voices, Volume II, an anthology of the members of Lost State Writers Guild of Northeast Tennessee
- Spring 1978 published short story "CB Bride" in Prairie Winds Volume XXVIII Dakota Wesleyan University, Mitchell, South Dakota.
- 2011 awarded Honorable Mention and published "Colder and Colder" in Echoes and Images anthology, Northeast State Community College, Blountville, Tennessee
- 2007 published "Why Move to the State of Franklin, Tennessee?" in Lost State Voices, Volume II (an anthology of the members of Lost State Writers Guild of Northeast Tennessee)
- 2007 published "Lucky Thirteen" and "Lost in Kansas" in the Open Hearth, an anthology of East Tennessee University (ETSU) Alliance for Contiued Learning (ACL). Rose helped compile and edit the ACL members' works.
- 2007 "Sustenance of God" - Rose edited this Lenten Devotional booklet for Our Saviour Lutheran Church, Johnson City, TN. The book included five of Rose's devotions on calendar pages for February 28, March 7, 22, 27 and 29.
- 1975 published "That First Precious Sentence" in Mother's Manual Magazine, about her first son learning to talk.
- 1974 published "Erik, Tubby Tiger, Lee, Erro, Ty, Tyke Anderson and Hey, too" in the Mother's Manual Magazine November/December issue
about her second son's names.
- 2006 & 2007 Published several Who's Who Biographies of Church Members in The New Sense Newsletter for Our Saviour Lutheran Church, Johnson City, Tennessee.
- 1989-1992 Edited Pioneer Quilt Shop's Newsletter Needle News
- 1989 Edited Black Hills Writers' Group Newsletter The Mighty Pen
- 1987-88 Wrote and edited resumes for job seekers - coordinated through local print shop in Rapid City, SD
- 1987 Published article "Stiches in Time - A Family Affair" in May/June issue of Quick n Easy Cookin' Magazine
- 1986-87 Published feature articles 'quilter of the month' in The Guide Rapid City's weekly newspaper
- 1986 Published monthly columns in Western Dakota Times newspaper
- 1985-6 Edited SD Quilt Guild Newsletter The Guild Guide
- 1985 featured in article holding her first published book Adventures in Quilting in the Rapid City Journal Daily Newspaper
- 1980 Published feature article "Mayor proclaims May 10 Head Start Day" in The Rapid City Guide
- 1980 Created and edited Bison Reminder a newsletter for the Bison, SD community events
- 1976-78 Wrote directions to kits and patterns for Pioneer Quilt Shop
- 1974 Published feature article "Family Planning" in Black Hills Newsstand for Community Action Program (CAP)
In 2011 Rose read her winning story for the Echoes and Images anthology at Northeast State Community College, Blountville, Tennessee.
Rose demonstrating quilting in her mother's quilting booth at the Central States Fair in Rapid City, SD in the 1970's.
- 2015 "Past Lives Before Now" published. Rose reports on twenty-three of her previous lives recalled through dream, deja vu and regression. "I learned much about my life journey and my soul's progress towards enlightenment."